A roadshow was organized to introduce the brand new electronic application process to job seekers in Lydenburg and surrounding areas.
The user-friendly application process will not only make it easier for job seekers and DCM’s HR department, but it will also speed up the application process.
To apply for a job, job seekers must register online and provide personal information up to the bottom of the application. Next, they must complete the registration process by attaching their resume and clicking the submit button. Once the registration process is complete, you will receive an email with instructions on how to activate your account.
“Today we are going to show you how we have simplified the application process for you. Previously, applications were sent by mail. Every day technology advances. We are here to show you that the mining industry has also benefited of the fourth industrial revolution so that we are not left behind,” said Remember Mbengwa of DCM.
A new online recruitment process has been launched internally at DCM, according to Mamagase Nchabeleng, the communications officer. “It was launched internally for our employees to use. Now is the time to bring it to the communities. We plan to start here in Lydenburg and then move on to other locations.
Take part in the roadshow on the following dates:
• Monday, October 17, 9 a.m.: Residents of Ward 6, Mampuru, Phasha and Longtil (large Steelpoort). Venue: Longtill Stadium.
• Wednesday 19 October, 09:00: Residents of Ward 2, Tukakgomo, Mahlakwena and Stocking (large Steelpoort). Venue: Longtill Stadium.
• Friday, October 21, 9 a.m.: Residents of Ward 29, Ngwaabe (Ga-Maepa, Ratau and Mpelegane). Location: to be confirmed.
• Monday, October 24, 9 a.m.: Residents of Ward 29, Ngwaabe (Ga-Maphopha, Ntake and Rantho). Venue: Ga-Rantho Community Hall.
• Wednesday 26 October, 09:00: Residents of Ward 28, Ngwaabe (Masha, Maseven and Makakatela). Venue: Kgoshi Phatane Masha community hall.
• Thursday 27 October, 09:00: Residents of Ward 27, Ngwaabe (Kutullo, Malekane and Tsakane), Location: Kgoshi Malekane Tribal Council Hall.
• Monday, October 31, 9 a.m.: Residents of Nokaneng, Mankge and Richmond. Venue: Ga-Leshaba community hall.